Prangarik Pathshala is a SCHOOL of AGRICULTURE founded to inspire,educate, empower/train & engage farmers including young men and women in technology based commercial agriculture/agro-entrepreneurship and produce agricultural entrepreneurs & competent human resources in agriculture sector. It promotes small, medium-sized and large-scale enterprises in agriculture sector through technical education, knowledge transfer, vocational training/skill development, agricultural extension services,market linkage, innovations in agriculture, modernization, mechanization and application. It attempts to contribute for the creation of jobs through the promotion and development of agro-enterprise and agri-business.
It focuses on environment-friendly, modern technology and ICT based sustainable and commercial farming. It attempts to train and support YOUNG people, rural people (people living below poverty line and small-scale farmers) to adopt modern farming techniques, increase their production/productivity,enhance quality of their production, ensure food and nutritional security, develop a sustainable agri-business/ afro-enterprise and finally to raise their income level, improve livelihoods and living standard. It attempts to empower & support the poor, marginalized, under-served, disadvantaged and displaced people and rural farmers to reduce poverty. It works to transfer knowledge and entrepreneurial skills to and develop the capacity of smallholder farmers or producers to enhance their competitiveness. It develops capacity of agriculture extension workers, agribusiness, service providers and local actors to deliver cost-effective services and products more efficiently to farmers or producers.In this context, it works in partnership with/with the support of relevant stakeholders (governmental agencies, non governmental agencies, international agencies, community based organizations, private sectors, banking/financial institutions and people).
Food, nutritional and economic security of Nepalese people through agriculture sector
To enhance production, productivity, income and improve livelihoods of farmers including young men and women farmers
Technical education, vocational training, post-training technical assistance, apprenticeship & related services on agro-enterprise &
One of our targets:
At least 100,000 young agro-entrepreneurs in Nepal
• 2517 Young men & women including smallholder farmers have received technical education, vocational training along with post-training technical assistance including mentorship to adopt modern and commercial farming
• More than 5000 young men and women have taken proper guidance, counseling and advisory services on agro-entrepreneurship &
• More than 2000 young men and women have been facilitated & supported to be agro-entrepreneurs & agri-business men/women
• More than 500 smallholder farmers and medium-scale agro-entrepreneurs have been supported to access improved agricultural inputs, modern technologies and for market linkage & market development.
• More than 200 rural farmers have received training to use ICT in agriculture
• More than 300 rural farmers have received trainings and technical assistance on agro-cooperative development, management, administration, governance and operation
• More than 200 Internally Displaced People received hands-on training on commercial vegetable farming and have been helped to access quality agricultural inputs and modern technologies (improved drip irrigation, plastic tunnel house construction)
• Young social mobilisers and community leaders from different districts have received Trainings of Trainers (ToT) on micro-enterprise development